Tuesday, January 02, 2007

looking forwards

so here it is... 2007! a very happy new year to all who stumble upon my humble aboude of thoughts.

so dad sat the four of us down today and asked us what our goals for 2007 were. My goals for 2007 are to go to uni and do well, to visit america before going there and to bcome a better person because 2006 taught me that i was not happy with the person i was.

now this new year brings a new chapter in not only my life but so many of my friends as well. I suppose one can call it a milestone as we're all preparing to go our separate ways. but my biggest hope as this new begining comes is that no matter what and who the future may bring our way we'll keep each other and the memories with us no matter what.

yeah, it is wistful thinking but one can always hope for the best can't we?

this new begining thing scares me. it's sort of like starting all over again from the begining. making new friends, adjusting to a whole new world, coping with new challenges and obstacles. i wonder if i am strong and capable enough to make it through. but i know that with faith, hardwork and lots of help from the Big Kahuna above anything is possible.

so before i completely emerse myself in 2007, what have i taken away from 2006? i have taken away the experience of reverse bungee jumping...TWICE; i have learnt that not everyone is as good as they seem and that you only want to be around them under specific circumstances; i have learnt that my time in italy was completely ruined by myself but that i can rebound from it and i will know what to do next time; i have discovered the wonders of so many great bands like the fray and hinder; i have taken away the experience of being in college and it's crappy and few good times.

what am i looking for in 2007? a better person, a new experience and the journey of a lifetime! i can't wait!

No comments: